Hi! I'm Kevin Bader.
I support our customers on their cloud journey, and work with them on solving their business problems, which is a lot of fun. Having a strong software engineering background, I put a strong emphasis on domain-driven design, team independence, engineering excellency, and developer happiness. In my spare time, I enjoy hiking, playing the guitar, and traveling.
I hold a master's degree in Software Engineering & Internet Computing from Vienna University of Technology. I enjoy speaking at conferences (and I'm really happy about post-covid real-life conferences).
I used to maintain the open source project Reactive Interaction Gateway, which is an scaleable reverse proxy, written in Elixir. Its main feature is forwarding backend events to frontends via Server-Sent Events or WebSockets.
I've worked a lot with
- Microservice architecture
- Event-driven architecture
- Microfrontend architecture
- Layered architecture
- Digital decoupling a.k.a. decomposing the monolith
- Multi-channel architecture & the (mostly Node.js based) backend-for-frontend pattern
- API design (stateful and RESTful)
- TypeScript and Elixir
Additionally, I enjoy
- (Mob) programming in Rust
- Distributed systems design, especially trade-offs around eventual consistency and choreography in large-scale enterprise systems
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (2023)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (2023)
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty (2023)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (2017, 2022)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (2022)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals (2021)
- Accenture Senior Technology Architect (2021)
- TOGAF 9 Certified (2021)